Tuesday 6 January 2015

Wild Asian Elephant (Elephas maximus)

On night, whilst staying at Nam Nao National Park HQ, I could hear loud crashing sounds in the distance becoming ever-increasingly louder. Then, in the distance, I saw a shadow. It closed in on me and I hid behind a tree, managing to get this photo. It charged me and I basically legged it to the car and hid. Eventually, he moved on ... I spoke to the ranger the following morning and it turns out to be a young male thrown out of the group for being a naughty! The following year, I noticed that they had erected electric fencing at certain areas of the HQ ... I wonder why?

 
A wonderfully written sign at Nam Nao HQ ...
 
 
Footprints regularily spotted along the nature trails ...
 

The newly erected sign to keep out pesky elephants at night ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment